Friday, June 1, 2012

It's All Been Said Before

Yes, it has all been said before but isn't it therapeutic to say it again?  Especially if you're a woman.  And I am.  And so I will.  Where is the personality going in our culture?  Thank God for artists, and maybe I need to hang out with a few...because if I see another run of the mill Starbucks (and yes, I do realize I am sitting in one as I type this) I am gonna...go in with a sigh.  I loved living near Ann Arbor, MI before kids, and I guess it spoiled me.  There were so many eclectic coffee shops and little diners that were quaint, well-cared for, and really poetic looking.  Starbucks is like the "Fox Books" in You've Got Mail, and the coffee shops of old, are like Meg Ryan's "Shop Around the Corner," which gets bought out.  I love personality (hello, I am a therapist by trade) and I know there's still lots and lots of it in the world.  I just live in an area, a nice area, that happens to like things neat, orderly, and well, Starbucksy.  Luckily, I am still here to trip things up a bit.  I am the only one over 18, and am the only one drinking a kid's chocolate milk while these youngsters sip their....whatevers, I am not looking up to see, but I imagine it's lattes.  Anyway, I am going to get a life and do a bit of more book writing and less complaining :)  It's all been said before, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment